Why Software-Defined Storage?
LINBIT SDS delivers ultra-fast, resilient block storage for private cloud infrastructure. The SDS solution enables commodity hardware to create high performance storage clusters. Thus LINBIT’s custom open source software-defined storage solution is perfect for cloud environments because it ensures application availability as your storage scales.
STORAGE DAY - FEB 22
Gain direct access to LINBIT SDS and HashiCorp Nomad Experts!
LINSTOR - Controller, Satellite, and User Interface
The LINSTOR® system – one key software component of LINBIT SDS – consists of multiple server and client components.
- A LINSTOR controller manages the configuration of the LINSTOR cluster and all of its managed storage resources.
- The LINSTOR satellite component manages creation, modification and deletion of storage resources on each node that provides or uses storage resources managed by LINSTOR.
- All communication between LINSTOR components uses LINSTOR’s own network protocol, based on TCP/IP network connections.
- The storage system can be managed by directly using a command line utility to interact with the active LINSTOR controller. Alternatively, users may integrate the LINSTOR system into the storage architecture of other software systems, such as Kubernetes.
- Seamless integration to various cloud environments with many additional software including Ha Controller, STORK, Kubectl Plugin, Operator
DRBD - The de facto standard Block Storage Replication tool
DRBD® – the other key software component of LINBIT SDS – is a distributed replicated storage system for the Linux platform.
It is implemented as a kernel driver, several userspace management applications, and some shell scripts. DRBD is traditionally used in high availability (HA) computer clusters, but it can also be used to create larger software defined storage pools with a focus on cloud integration.
Companies implement software-defined storage (SDS) in order to easily provision and manage data storage, independent of the underlying hardware environment.
Since the software simply presents a block device, users do not need to use complex, shared file systems. Because we can use a single node with a filesystem on top of a block device, backing disk failure is transparent to the end user.
New LINBIT SDS Feature:
Graphic User Interface (GUI)
The GUI simplifies multi-cluster management and complex monitoring so your team can just go back to enjoying the power of Kubernetes persistent storage. Easy to install, easy to use.
- Storage pool dashboard with per node usage
- Built-in alerts and monitoring
- Simple Navigation system
Care to update to top of the class Primary Storage?
Public & Private
Public Cloud Storage
Private Cloud Storage
24 x 365 remote support
Lower TCO than proprietary solutions
Remote installation option
OpenShift primed certified
No vendor lock-in
Do you support RDMA/Infiniband?
Yes. LINBIT has an RDMA (verbs) API. The DRBD software works over Infiniband, RoCE, or iWarp to overcome the performance limitations of TCP/IP.
Do you work with databases?
LINBIT SDS is perfectly suited for database workloads and structured data. We’ve reached up to 400,000+ IOPS for a single volume.
Support Subscriptions for
We believe strongly in customer satisfaction. That’s why LINBIT offers 24/7 support services from our global team.
The LINBIT engineers are perfectly trained to help your team design, deploy, and support your infrastructure.
Your open source project is mission-critical so our team is here to help. We begin most relationships
with a technical consultation. Reach out to LINBIT with your questions and project goals to begin today!